As summer comes and the fresh carrots are flooding your farmer market or are ripe for pulling in your garden try this simple and divine recipe of Carrots with Rosemary.
All you need is some fresh carrots, good stock (vegetable or chicken will do- but please aim for some homemade, you won’t be disappointed), good EVO, fresh rosemary, and some salt and pepper.
Start by placing your thin carrot batons in a good size pan (a nice 12” cast iron works just fine), and then add in your cup or so broth. Allow this to come to a boil over Medium heat, and then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes.
Go ahead and remove the lid and season with salt and pepper. Check to see if you like the consistency of the dish- if there is still too much broth then burn some off. Once done go ahead and drizzle on some great EVO and sprinkle the fresh rosemary on top and cook for a couple more.
Move the contents to a nice dish and serve!
This is a crowd pleaser and your kids will enjoy it (at least mine did)!
- 1 lb. of carrots cut into thin batons
- 1 cup of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Cut the carrots into thin batons and place in a pan with the stock. Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lid and season to taste with salt and pepper. Check for desired consistency, if there is too much liquid keep cooking it off.
- Once done drizzle on the EVO and rosemary, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a warm serving dish and serve!